Tuesday, December 14, 2010

wrap up

For reasons not to be believed, my internet has been down for the past 18 hours or so. Go figure.

It's been fun. I feel like I learned a lot in this class and certainly appreciated the class discussions. Inspired me to watch more movies and look more closely at the texts I read and how i analyze them. Mostly it's made me want to look more closely at how things connect with each other- how can I read one author through the eyes of another? What would one philosopher say of another one's particular theory? Good stuff all around.

The only thing I'm miffed at is the complete and gross glossing over we did of Fahrenheit 451. There is a book, people. Read it. Don't watch the film. And if you do watch the film, hopefully you'll get a chance to talk about it in a meaningful manner.

The best part?
A young Bo Derek
Makes the class exceptional, really.
Until next time.

No comments:

Post a Comment